England Athletics will be hosting an online International Youth Development Conference on 5-6 December, with the theme being 'Creating a Plan to Build the Next Generation of Athletics Champions'.
Participants are invited from anybody who works with U18 athletes and wants to help them maximise their potential and have a positive experience in our sport.
The general areas examined during the two-day conference include:
- Exploring what makes a high-performing children’s coach.
- Supporting athletes’ physical and mental development.
- Understanding how to help athletes condition themselves to minimise injury and maximise performance.
- Learning the underpinning principles of speed, endurance, jumps and throws.
- Learning practical drills to help improve athletes’ speed, endurance, jumps and throws.
- In addition, there will be the opportunity to share good practice with like-minded coaches.
DAY 1 will focus on the key considerations when developing an athlete’s physical conditioning, how to help minimising injury and maximising potential. Also explored will be how to develop athletes’ speed and Jumping skills.
DAY 2 will focus on how to create an effective learning environment for athletes, what makes a high-performing coach and how to develop an athlete’s endurance and throwing skills.
Full details of the programme and presenters as well as how to register and costs can be found here: