The National Centre for Race Walking Foundation in conjunction with the Carnegie School of Sport and the Institute for Sport, Physical Activity and Leisure at Leeds Becket University has the pleasure of inviting you to the European Race Walking Conference 2016 from 11-13 November which will be staged at Leeds Becket University in Great Britain as part of the European Athletics Coaching Summit Series.
There will be a range of international speakers including:
· Gerry Dragomir (Canada) who has led the recent Canadian success in race walking and coaches world 20km bronze medallist Ben Thorne, Olympic 50km 4th placer Evan Dunfee and Inaki Gomez.
· Giovanni Perricelli (Italy) coach to Eleonora Giorgi the 2015 European Race Walking Cup silver medallist.
· Professor Susan Backhouse, Professor of Psychology and Behavioural Nutrition and Head of the Centre for Sports Performance in the Institute for Sport, Physical Activity and Leisure, Leeds Beckett University. World renowned for her research on the social psychology of doping in sport.
· Sergio Lara-Bercial (Spain), Senior Research Fellow at Leeds Beckett University, he works within the Global Coaching Office of the International Council for Coach Education. He will speak about Serial Winning Coaches.
· Dr Brian Hanley (Ireland), Senior Lecturer at Leeds Beckett University and a leading expert in the biomechanics of race walking.
· Martin Rush, Head of Coaching and Athlete Development, England Athletics.
· Dr Andrew Manley, Principal Lecturer in Sport & Exercise Psychology at Leeds Beckett University. He also works as a Practitioner Sport and Exercise Psychologist supporting athletes and coaches from a range of sports and backgrounds.
· Louise Sutton Principal Lecturer in Sports Nutrition at Leeds Beckett University.
· Dr Andrew Drake, England Athletics National Coach Mentor- Endurance, Head Coach National Race Walking Centre. Coach to Olympic 6th placer Tom Bosworth.
Check out the full programme and book your place by visiting: https://sites.google.com/site/europeanracewalkingconference/home
As part of Leeds Beckett University’s ongoing research into world-class race walking, the Biomechanics team will be collecting data during the conference. Any athletes who are interested in taking part can contact Dr Brian Hanley (email@example.com) who has funding available for suitable athletes.