Getting married is usually the most beautiful day of your life so could there be any better way of saying "I do" than at largest German sporting event of 2018 in Berlin’s awe-inspiring Olympic Stadium and with almost 60,000 guests of honour in the stands?
The Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships is making it possible. On 8 August 2018 one happy couple can be married in the Berlin Olympic Stadium chapel.
The 8 August 2018 is a Wednesday and the second day of the European Athletics Championships where, among many other highlights, Robert Harting competes in his last international competition. It's even possible that the Olympic, world and European discus champion will be on hand to congratulate the lucky couple.
“I think that a wedding in the stadium on the 8 August 2018 is a great idea. It's also a great date. Maybe I'll even come to congratulate the newly-weds myself,” said Harting.
The wedding will take place in the small Olympic Stadium chapel, with a capacity of 50 guests.
One conditions for this unique dream wedding as part of Berlin 2018 are: the bridal couple must invite their guests to the Hospitality Area of the European Athletics Championships following the wedding ceremony.
After the ceremony, the celebrations can continue in one of the stadium’s VIP boxes.
The cost of a small box – and so the cost of the wedding – is €4500.
This includes personal service, extra high-quality catering with cold and warm food as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
The comfortable leather seats at the front of the box offer a unique view of the stars of international athletics and, from here, the bride can also throw her bouquet into the crowd.
Applications for possibly the craziest wedding ceremony in the world are being accepted until 31 December 2017 at firstname.lastname@example.org or at by post: Berlin Leichtathletik-EM 2018 GmbH, Hanns-Braun-Straße 1, 14053 Berlin, Germany. (In the case of several applications, a draw will decide the lucky pair.)
More information on the 2018 European Championships:
- The Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships will be part of the first multi-sport European Championships along with co-hosts Glasgow.
- It will be a must-watch, must-attend experience that elevates the status of European Champions, uniting existing European Championships to celebrate the highest honour in European sport and celebrating the defining moments that create Champions.
- It is the continent’s ultimate multi-sport event, an 11-day celebration of European sport staged every four years.
- Seven of Europe’s leading sports (athletics, aquatics, rowing, golf, cycling, gymnastics, triathlon) will be brought together for the first edition.
- The European Athletics Championships in Berlin will be staged 7-12 August. The six other sports will be staged in Glasgow through 2-12 August.
- 4500 athletes and 52 nations will compete across the seven sports.
- Potential TV audience of over one billion with millions more across multiple digital platforms.
- Over half a million spectators expected.