After being part of the IAAF World Championships London 2017 and the IAAF Indoor World Championships Birmingham 2018 as National Partner, Toyo Tires has now consolidated and extended its association with athletics as an Official Partner of the Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships.
Around 1500 athletes in action in Berlin will certainly take to heart the Toyo Tires’ message ‘Driven to Perform’.
Six days of sporting performance
The competitors in Berlin, from the length and breadth of Europe, are among the superstars of continental sport and comprise many reigning Olympic and world champions. The venue for this sporting festival is the city’s historic Olympic stadium, which also staged a memorable IAAF World Championships in 2009.
Berlin in anticipation
The competitions of the European Athletics Championships are not only limited to the Berlin Olympic Stadium, the city centre’s European Mile will also be a hub of activity.
Close to the action, thousands of spectators will cheer on athletes in the marathon and race walks. The Breitscheidplatz not only serves as the start and finish line for the road events, but also as a meeting point for all sports enthusiasts and the venue for a cultural festival.
Live music and other entertainment will be on offer there as well being a showcase for partners of the Championships. The Japanese tyre manufacturer Toyo Tires will give visitors the chance to win great once-in-a-lifetime prizes linked to the Championships.
Competitive athletes having the best company
The sponsoring partnership at the Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championship is an excellent platform for the Japanese tyre manufacturer Toyo Tires to draw the attention of viewers, both those in person in Berlin and a potential audience of one billion viewers sitting front of their TV screens.
European Athletics President Svein Arne Hansen said, “We are very pleased to welcome Toyo Tires as our latest Official Partner for the 2018 European Athletics Championships. We thank them for their support of our flagship event that will be hosted in the world-class sporting and cultural city of Berlin. We have a fantastic event in our European Athletics Championships and being part of the first multisport European Championships will boost the exposure of our sport and our athletes even further, bringing all the excitement they create to new and larger main-eventer audiences across the continent, and we believe Toyo will benefit greatly from partnering with Berlin for this must-watch, must-attend event.”
Toyo Tires feels that it is in good hands in this sporting environment, where fair competition, fair play and top performance are of primary importance.
About Toyo Tires
The Toyo Tire & Rubber Company was founded in Osaka, Japan in 1945. Since 1975, the European headquarters of the company has been in Germany. The product range includes car winter, summer and all-season tyres at a notable price/performance ratio.
Toyo Tire & Rubber Company ranks 11th in the list of the world's largest tyre manufacturers (fiscal year 2016).
More information on the Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships:
- The Berlin 2018 European Athletics Championships will be part of the first multi-sport European Championships along with co-hosts Glasgow.
- It will be a must-watch, must-attend experience that elevates the status of European Champions, uniting existing European Championships to celebrate the highest honour in European sport and celebrating the defining moments that create Champions.
- It is the continent’s ultimate multi-sport event, an 11-day celebration of European sport staged every four years.
- Seven of Europe’s leading sports (athletics, aquatics, rowing, golf, cycling, gymnastics, triathlon) will be brought together for the first edition.
- The European Athletics Championships in Berlin will be staged 7-12 August. The six other sports will be staged in Glasgow through 2-12 August.
- 4500 athletes and 52 nations will compete across the seven sports.
- Potential TV audience of over one billion with millions more across multiple digital platforms.